Saturday, July 17, 2010

my first post...

I wanted to start out my first post about my family and what you can expect from me and my blog. I could go on and on about my family, but I will try to keep it short...hopefully.
I am married to my awesome husband Ben. We have been married for 6 years now. We met 8 years ago at a party, and have been inseparable ever since. I was still in college when we got married. I graduated in 2005 and we soon bought our first house. A modest 3 bedroom 2 bath, it is nothing special when other people look at it, but it is our home. We did a lot of cosmetic work upfront. Basic stuff...painted, added ceiling fans and shelves, new shutters, replaced the tile in both bathrooms. You will soon see that Ben is not only a great husband and Dad, but he is a great handyman. He also did new landscaping all around the house. It is a working progress, but he has it looking better every year.
We thought early on in our marriage that we didn't want to have kids, but our minds soon changed. After we had been married about 4 years, we were pregnant, and very happy to be. Ben wanted a boy so bad he could taste it, as many men do. Our ultrasound showed that he had a son indeed. Abram Cole Phillips was born on January 15, 2009. He was about 2 weeks early, but perfect in every way. 6 lbs and 11 ounces, 19 and a quarter inches long. Here he is 18 months later.

Now that you know a little history on my family, I want to share why I have chosen to start this blog. My main reason is to capture my sons life. My pregnancy and the first 18 months of his life have flown by. I am already forgetting so much, and I don't want to forget. The other reason is to share some of our DIY projects and how we save a little money. I have been inspired to be creative.

Well I am going to end my first post. I feel good, we will see if I can keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment