Sunday, July 25, 2010

trip to the zoo...

Over the long Fourth of July weekend we went to the Nashville Zoo. We decided at the last minute that it would be a great way to spend the day, even though it was sooo hot!!! Here Abram is checking out the Monkeys. He has heard us say to him a million times, "You see it?" that now he says, "You See?!" to everything. No matter how many times I hear him say it, it always makes me smile. I am sure that at the time of this picture, he was saying to his Dada, "You See?" He loved the Zoo, and Ben and I loved watching him love the zoo. I think one of the things I love most as a parent is seeing everything from his eyes. He notices the smallest details and hears things that I don't even notice any more. Like an airplane flying over or birds singing. He takes it all in, and is so happy from the simplest things. It's awesome. This is one of my favs of the day. Abram and his Dada. Two peas in a pod, for sure. If there is anything Abram loves in this world, it is his Dada...and ducks...and Buzz lightyear...

Stay tuned...we have been painting cabinets!!!

2 comments:

  1. Adorable - I have a very similar picture of Rick (from the back) holding hands with Wes & Reece when Reece was about the same age as Abe!

    Love your blog!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good memories. Thank you Lisa. We saw Wes and Rick at El Tap. What a handsome young man Wes has become.

    ReplyDelete