Saturday, August 14, 2010

fun at the fair...

Today was Abram's second fair experience. He is still a little too short to ride most of the rides, but we found one that he could ride by himself. We never figured out if he liked it, or if he was a little afraid. He never cried or screamed to get off, but he never really smiled either.



This is how he looked the entire ride, except for when it started, his eyes got much bigger. I have to say it went a lot faster than I thought it would. He also got to ride the carousel. And by now you have all figured out that he loves animals, so the petting zoo was right up his alley.



We had to get a lemonade too. Obviously a post about the fair is not one of my money saving posts. We all know how over priced the fair is, kinda like the movies. Our fair total was 26 dollars. 6 for admission for me and Ben (Abram was free), 10 for the tickets to ride the rides, 5 for the lemonade and 5 for the funnel cake. The only tip I have is to limit yourself on the cash that you take. We took 30, knowing that we didn't have any more cash. Because anyone could have spent 60 no problem. I was floored when Abram ran up to the little duck game, you know where you pick up the plastic duck in the swimming pool covered in algae look at the bottom and you win a prize, 3 dollars!!!! Just for him to pick up one duck! Sorry carney lady, I ain't fallin' for it. Besides, while I distracted the carney lady by asking her how much the game was, Abram picked up at least 4.

2 comments: